教师 & 工作人员
Reach your potential in the areas of teaching, 研究, and 服务 while achieving the vision and mission of the institution.
教师 are the foundation of the great work done for the students at 哥伦比亚大学. The college is committed to building a culture of learning and professional growth for all faculty.
- Year-long program of support for first-year faculty
- Monthly professional development sessions for all faculty and staff
- 教师 Workshop series at the beginning of each semester
- Tenure and Promotion Writing Workshops each summer
- Financial support for professional activities through faculty development grants
- Opportunities for leadership within programs and across campus
- Peer Mentoring Learning Communities
- Integrated Information Literacy personalized support for course development and faculty 研究
- Specialized Adjunct orientation resources
We also focus on personal self-care, wellness, and community-building.
- Monthly health and wellness activities
- Off-campus faculty social time following faculty meetings
- Access to fitness facilities and scheduled classes
Jill Eversmann, MS, cc - slp
Jill Eversmann helped start a new course at 哥伦比亚大学 to teach ASL signs to undergraduate students as well as provide them with practical experience teaching signs for young children with special needs to use with their parents.
还有Ph值.D. credentials and over a decade of teaching experience, Dr. Sox brings almost 20 years of real-world experience in the corporate and non-profit arenas. She focused on sales and marketing, meetings and events, and management.
Program Chair of Criminal Justice, B.A.
Program Director of Criminal Justice, M.A.网络
Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice
Hiluv Johnson, LMSW
即将到来的教师 & 员工活动
哥伦比亚大学 is excited to welcome new faculty to campus. We've specifically designed a year of support that:
- Provides orientation to the life of a faculty member at 哥伦比亚大学
- Supports your teaching and 奖学金 with professional development
- Creates a community of support for future teaching, 奖学金, 服务, and leadership at 哥伦比亚大学
- First-Year 教师 Lunches with the 教务长
Monthly gatherings of all first-year faculty take place for a time of sharing about faculty experiences. Invited guests may also participate to discuss topics of interest and explore opportunities taking place on campus. Lunch is provided by the 教务长's office.
当: 12:30- 1:20 p.m. (Common Hour) on select 周四s throughout the semester.
教师 will become members of small mentor learning groups to share experiences and provide support across the first year (and beyond). Each community is expected to meet as a group at least twice a semester, and guidance from 教师 Development will be provided to include observation and discussion resources. Each member is to partner with another to complete peer observations.
当: Twice a semester on select dates throughout the semester.
15-minute brown bag lunch virtual chats will provide information on topics to support new faculty at 哥伦比亚大学. These will be recorded and shared with new faculty unable to attend. 主题包括:August - Campus-wide Student Support September - Major and General Education Requirements
当: 12:30 - 12:45 p.m. (Common Hour) on select dates throughout the semester.
- October - Sticky Teaching Situations Panel
- November - Supporting 学术 Integrity & 政策
- January - Establishing a Scholarly Agenda
- February - 教师 Governance, Service, and Advocacy
- March - Teaching, Service, and Research Balance
- April - Understanding the Evaluation Process
- Campus-Wide Professional Development Series
A set of monthly learning opportunities with fellow colleagues designed to foster community while building the capacity of our faculty and staff.
当: 12:30 - 1:20 p.m. (Common Hour) on select dates throughout the semester.
日益增长的 & 繁荣的校园
"With our growth comes the need to expand academic offerings by adding to our already exceptional team of educators so that we may better serve our student body. I am thrilled to welcome new faculty members to the 哥伦比亚大学 family as we seek to equip our students with the tools they need to live lives of impact."